Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chiller Convention this weekend!


CHILLER THEATRE - FRI, SAT, SUN MAY 2-4, 2008
This weekend at the Parsippany New Jersey Hilton Hotel is the annual Chiller convention! I will be attending on Saturday afternoon before heading upstate for a DJ gig in Albany, NY. I'm going for one reason: to meet the special guest and a childhood idol of mine, Zacherley. OK so I guess I'm a nerd because I'm bringing a poster and book for him to sign, but the guy has had a serious impact on my life and my love for horror. Dinner With Drac was on constant repeat when I was little, Monster Mash was my favorite song and dance, and I've spent the last year or so trying to find as much media on Zach possible. I just finished reading Richard Scrivani's book Goodnight Whatever You Are, an esssential read for any Zacherley fan. Horror hosts have always fascinated me - whether human or puppet - from Zacherley to Uncle Creepy to The Crypt Keeper, I am obsessed with the concept of horror storytelling. Needless to say, Saturday is an important day for me and I will post photos after the weekend.

Goodnight, whatever you are!

No comments: