Sunday, May 4, 2008

CREEPSHOW Comic Book

CREEPSHOW (1982)

Back in the early 80's the dynamic duo of horror Stephen King & George Romero teamed up to create a brilliant tribute to EC's Tales From The Crypt comics, with a movie to follow. I picked up a copy of this classic mag, in excellent condition, at the Chiller Theatre this past weekend and I must say, it is one of my favorite additions to my collection. Even though the idea is rather unoriginal (the host of the comic looks like the Crypt Keeper's lesser known brother and the font is a direct bite off Tales), the stories are well-written, and having seen the movie a few hundred times I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I suggest you grab a copy if you can find one and read it by candlelight.

My favorite story is Father's Day, about a man who comes back from the dead to seek revenge on his family for his death, or should i say murder. The best part of the story is that he demands his "cake" over and over, finishing the tale with a decapitated head on a platter with candles sticking out. We all know what it's like to want a piece of cake!

No comments: